Spotify Playlist
One aspect of digital media and music I find interesting is my playlist via Spotify (link below). I grew up listening to all different kinds of music and since have fallen in love with genres ranging from classical (Mozart) to old school hip hop (Outkast). The playlist that I have shared is typically played while I am in the car with friends and family (as the title states). The songs consist of throwbacks and music I know will get people to sing along. I tend to do a lot of driving during the summer so having a good playlist for people to sing along is a must for me. I prefer to have a pre-approved playlist compared to a Spotify made playlist for two main reasons. Firstly, this playlist is exclusively listened to in a car and it would be dangerous if I am changing the songs while driving. Secondly as said above I like creating a fun environment that allows people to sing along and relax while driving to our destination. One thing I am quite interested in learn...
Hi Caraline! Your mention of mass communication across a global scale in regards to Ong's theory of orality and literacy encouraged me to consider how mass media platforms today are able to perform thanks to algorithmic coding. Like you highlighted, the long-distance communication as an example of space-bias according to Innis, and can be communicated globally. TikTok was the first contemporary platform that I thought of like this. A conversation in my CS353: Internet Studies also discussed algorithms similar to a virus the way that we see it in PontyPool. Glad I could connect these two classes.
ReplyDelete